Visa Information

Mountbatten Program is a designated J-1 visa sponsor

Visa Information

About the J-1 visa

As a designated J-1 sponsor, Mountbatten Program aims to promote mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries through educational and cultural exchanges. We are authorised to issue you all the documentation you need in order to apply for your J-1 visa, including your DS-2019 (Certificate of Eligibility) and DS-7002 (Training Plan).

Once you have been placed with a host organization, you will need to apply for your J-1 visa.

In order to apply for the visa you will need to attend an appointment at a US Embassy in either your home country or a country to which you can demonstrate strong ties (for example if you have family residing there). Comprehensive instructions and assistance will be provided once you have been offered a placement with a host organization.

Under the terms of the visa, you will be permitted to train at your designated host organization for the duration of the Program. You will also be permitted to remain in the US for up to 30 days following the completion of the Program, during which time you may travel but not work.

Please note the J-1 visa is not eligible for spouses or dependent children, neither can Mountbatten Program provide living accommodation for spouses or dependents.

Useful websites: